There’s a full moon tonight which means adventure time for the Wells family! We figured since there are so many beautiful spots to explore around us, why not make a trip out of the full moon tonight. We love star gazing and teaching Emma about space and the stars so we are so excited to hopefully get a glimpse at the moon tonight if mother nature is on our side and doesn’t give us too many clouds.
A few days ago we took a little stroll at Fossil Creek Reservoir just around the corner from our house and the moon was so big and bright, we got such great photos so I wanted to share those today and 10 things I love about Fort Collins so far.
- The scenery. Miles and miles of green hills, lush trees, and rocky mountain tops.
- The sunsets. Pastel gorgeousness almost every single night, it’s magical!
- The energy. Not quite sure how to explain this one, but the energy is just so positive around here.
- The sounds. It’s summertime now so we go to bed every night with the sound of crickets and I absolutely love it! I fall asleep instantly! I also love the sound of the wind in the trees, the rain, and the flowing water in the endless streams around here.
- Cost of housing. We moved from California so all my California peeps, you know what I’m taking about, California house prices are nuts!
- Opportunity. There is so much opportunity for entrepreneurs and that makes my husband and I so so so excited!
- Ease of getting around and out of town. Once again, California traffic…ughhhh! Everything is so close around here and traffic is amazing! And whenever we want to go on an adventure, it takes us about 10 to 15 minutes to get out into nature.
- Old Town. Old Town Fort Collins is just perfect. Great restaurants, shops, breweries, and the cutest streets to explore. Fun fact: Main Street Disneyland was modeled after Old Town Fort Collins…I mean…perfection!
- The weather. I am so happy to be in a place with four seasons again. Growing up in Romania I got to experience cold winters and hot summers, with spring and autumn in between to ease the transitions.
- The people. People are so friendly and helpful and our neighbors are lovely!
As I’m writing this I’m thinking of so many more things that I love about Fort Collins so I’m thinking I’ll have to keep doing posts to add to the ever growing list!