This dainty lace burlap favor bag is perfect for a vintage/rustic wedding or party. It’s super easy to put together if you have a little patience to sew! If you want some more inspiration check out my DIY Vintage Mason Jar Cakes post and DIY Rustic Cake Topper post.
- Roll of burlap
- Lace ribbon
- Round tags (I found them in the Martha Stewart section at Michaels)
- Heart stickers (if you can’t find these exact ones Michaels has cork board/liner and you can cut out hearts and glue them on)
- String (beige/brown and white)
- Cut your burlap to desired size. Using the beige/brown string first, sew the two long ends of the burlap together. Don’t worry if its not perfect, you will be turning it inside out. Next, pick which end you would like the bottom to be. Sew those two ends shut.
- Turn your burlap bag inside out.
- Next, cut your lace so that you have enough to wrap around the bottom of the bag and overlap slightly. Now, using the white string, sew one end of the lace to the back of the bag. Then sew the other end. Now if you’d like you can sew the lace in the front but its not needed.
- Place a heart sticker on the tag. If you’re using cork liner, cut a heart shape out and use super glue to fasten.
- Run twine through the tag hole and secure around the top of the bag.
That’s it! Now you have an adorable rustic lace burlap favor bag!
And if you want some extra cuteness or even a sticker to fasten on the tag, I’ve created these Parisian ‘Merci’ stickers! Use them as stickers, for tags, or envelope seals. They’re so versatile. I’m so excited to have another freebie on the website! All you need to do is click on the link below and you can download the PDF file. Print the document on sticker paper and cut out or use Standard White Matte 1.5 in Circle Labels. Below you can see what they’ll look.
If you want more stickers check out my Free Vintage Key Envelope Seal & Thank You Card Template post.