I add a ton of vegetables to my meals now that I’ve stopped eating meat. It’s actually great because if I want my plate full (literally), I have to add something! This vegetable fried rice is so flavorful and filling and so easy to make! I use real sweet Hungarian Paprika (which I highly recommend) and it makes such a difference in flavor. If you do eat meat, throw in some grilled chicken cut into little cubes or if you like shellfish, add in shrimp (my favorite)! This rice is great for leftovers! Make a big batch early in the week and you have a delicious meal or side dish for a few days.
Vegetable Fried Rice
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrates 51g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup uncooked Jasmine Rice (I buy Mahatma)
- 15 asparagus spears chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 2 cipollini onions (or 1/2 large onion) chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Once heated, add in onion, season with salt, and cook until translucent. Add in all your chopped vegetables, season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Put lid on pan and let vegetables cook for about 20 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached. Remove lid every few minutes and stir veggies.
- Add in rice and stir. Cook over low heat with top off for a few minutes until everything is well blended.
A Little Sweet Life https://alittlesweetlife.com/