For this Vegan recipe I was going for the texture of Alfredo pasta which is made with cheese and butter, so I decided to use a creamy tofu paste as a substitute. The olive oil and mushrooms already add a lot of texture to the dish, so the tofu just gave it that extra special touch. You have to get creative when you’re Veganizing recipes and most of the time tofu and almond milk do the trick!
Creamy Vegan Mushroom & Garlic Alfredo
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 16g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 45g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 8 mushrooms chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 85 g tofu (I used organic extra firm)
- Cook your pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- In the mean time, using a blender or food processor, make a paste by adding about 1/3 cup of water, salt, and pepper to your tofu. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat pour enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Add your mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Once your mushrooms have cooked for a few minutes, turn heat to low and add in chopped garlic and season with more salt and pepper. Adding the garlic at the end will prevent it from burning. After about a minute you can start to add your tofu paste. I did not want the dish to have a strong tofu taste so I added little by little and tasted it as I went along. I probably used 3/4 of the paste. Also taste for salt and pepper along the way.
- Add pasta to mushroom mixture and toss, making sure everything is coated.
- Plate and serve!
A Little Sweet Life https://alittlesweetlife.com/