I love that I can eat avocados and not feel guilty because they provide a healthy fat in my diet. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed with this one. It’s so creamy and decadent yet completely Vegan, healthy, and light. I’ve never used the words decadent and light in the same sentence, until now! Normally pesto is made with pine nuts, but I was rather hesitant to pay $3.99 for a 1/4 cup of pine nuts, so I substituted walnuts and I’m so glad I did. Enjoy!
- 6 oz spaghetti
- 1 avocado
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/6 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic salt to taste
- Cherry tomatoes for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and place back in pot.
- While pasta is cooking add avocado, garlic, basil, walnuts, juice of half a lemon, salt, pepper, and garlic salt to food processor. Mix on high until blended and creamy. Switch to low speed and stream in olive oil. Add more lemon juice, salt and pepper to your liking.
- Spoon mixture over pasta and gently toss.
- Serve warm and garnish with cherry tomato halves.