I picked up an amazing find at the store last week and I’m so excited to share! Pure date syrup from Date Lady. The second I spotted it my mind started going a mile a minute thinking up recipes. These little crostini are the perfect appetizer for a party, or if you’re like me you’ll want to enjoy them with a glass of wine and a movie! I almost always have these simple ingredients on hand and if you’re a cheese lover you probably do as well! So pick up some date syrup, get cooking and just double or triple this recipe when you have company.
Brie, Apple, & Walnut Crostini Drizzled with Date Syrup
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 31g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 8 thin slices baguette
- 3 oz brie (8 slices)
- 4 walnuts chopped
- 1/4 apple thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon date syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking tray with foil. Set aside.
- Lay the baguette slices on your tray. Bake in oven for a few minutes so they start to get crispy.
- Take the tray out of the oven and put one slice of brie on each piece of bread. Lay one slice of apple on top of each piece and then sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake again for about 6 minutes. Turn the broiler on for another few minutes. Watch crostini and take out when cheese is soft and semi melted and bread is golden brown.
- Drizzle each slice with date syrup.
A Little Sweet Life https://alittlesweetlife.com/