I finally made biscuits! Not just any biscuits…salmon and chive biscuits!
I’ve been craving hot biscuits fresh out of the oven for months now.
I don’t know what it is about smoked salmon that I love so much but I’ve been wanting to incorporate it into everything. When I made my Chive & Dill Crepes what’s the first thing I wanted to top them with? Smoked salmon! And when I decided to make biscuits, what’s the first thing I thought about to mix in? Smoked salmon!
Ok, you get the picture, I love smoked salmon!
This recipe is so delicious and what’s even better is that you can freeze them and pop them back in the oven when you want hot and fresh biscuits and they’ll taste just as good as when you first baked them!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 oz smoked salmon cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add your vinegar or lemon juice to milk and set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add to food processor or Vitamix blender.
- Cut butter into 1/2 inch cubes. Add to flour and pulse about 7-8 times or until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour in milk and pulse just until mixture starts to stick together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Work salmon and chives into dough. Knead a few times until you can form a ball and flatten out into a 9 in disk. Using a biscuit cutter cut out rounds and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- If you have scrap dough flatten out again and cut out more rounds.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon salt with 1 tablespoon water and brush the tops of the biscuits.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve warm or place on rack to cool.
- If you have leftovers, wrap in plastic wrap and place in a plastic bag. Reheat in a 325 degree F oven for about 8 minutes.