Pasta is always on the menu at home and there’s absolutely no way I’ll ever get tired of it! I was craving some this afternoon and I wanted to experiment with the ingredients I had on hand, so I came up with this simple and easy recipe. Most likely you have these basic ingredients in your kitchen, so give it a try!
- 1 package pasta of choice
- 1 lb spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-3 garlic cloves (I like a lot of garlic)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 egg beaten (optional)
- In a large saucepan boil water. Once water is boiling, add a teaspoon salt and all the pasta. Boil according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is boiling, place all the other ingredients (except for the egg) into a food processor and mix until spinach is chopped fine and everything is mixed together.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and return to saucepan on low heat. Add egg and mix into pasta until slightly cooked. Add spinach mixture and stir.
- Serve warm.