I really love how I feel now that I don’t eat meat anymore. I’ve been wanting to cut it out of my diet for a long time and after watching numerous documentaries and reading a ton of articles about the amount of hormones that animals are injected with I decided it was finally time last September. Even though you can buy meat from animals that haven’t been treated with hormones, there are plenty of other reasons I made the decision to cut it out of my diet.
I get so much more creative with my meals. Before I was just concerned with putting some type of protein and carbohydrate on my plate and I would forget about vegetables. Now I add vegetables to all my meals and I even juice in the morning.
Almost all the savory recipes you see here can be whipped up in 20-30 minutes, some in less than 10 minutes like my Couscous Breakfast Bowl and Tomato & Feta Spring Salad with Couscous. And if you need lunch or dinner for a few days just make a bigger portion. Leftovers are delicious especially those with vegetable. I find they have even more flavor the next day.
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cipollini onion
- 1 small eggplant
- 6 mushrooms
- 8 asparagus spears
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Chop all your vegetables except spinach leaves.
- Place olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and a pinch of salt. Cook until translucent in color. Add all your vegetables and salt and pepper to taste. Mix so all your vegetables get a coating of olive oil.
- Place lid on pan and cook stirring occasionally until vegetable are tender.
- Add drained pasta to saucepan and stir.
- Plate and garnish with basil and cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese if desired.