I was about to say that these pancakes are my first pumpkin recipe this fall but then I remembered what happened last week. My first creation was eaten so quickly I didn’t even get a chance to take pictures, so I’ll be posting that pumpkin recipe as soon as I make it again, pictures and all. These pancakes are light and fluffy and just melt in your mouth!
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- Melt the coconut oil and let cool.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice mix. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, egg yolks, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- Add your wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated. Fold in egg whites. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- While your batter is resting, preheat your griddle to 325 degrees F.
- Scoop 1/4 cup pancakes onto griddle and cook on one side until edges are brown and bubbles start to for. Flip and cook for an addition minute.