For the last six months I’ve cut meat out of my diet almost completely, so that really forced me to get creative with my meals. Rice has always been a favorite of mine and over the years I’ve experimented with new kinds such as Basmati and Jasmine. In this recipe I used Jasmine rice. It’s so fragrant and flavorful, you can even it plain and it won’t disappoint. I sauteed red bell peppers with zucchini in olive oil and jazzed them up with Hungarian Paprika! This dish is so simple. You’ll have it ready in under 30 minutes. I love to add shrimp or tofu for protein.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- Olive oil
- Chives for garnish (optional)
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Chop bell pepper into thin strips and zucchini into half moon shaped pieces. Add olive oil to a medium skillet (enough to cover the bottom of the pan) and let it heat up. Once oil is heated, add vegetables and sprinkle paprika, salt, and pepper. I normally use a lot of paprika because I love the flavor. I recommend tasting the vegetables as they are cooking and deciding whether you need more.
- Cook the vegetables on low to medium heat with the cover on for about 20 minutes. If you like your vegetables crunchier cook less time. I like mine fairly tender.
- Plate your rice and spoon vegetables on top. Garnish with chives.