I have to give credit to my amazing mom for this recipe. She’s made this and variations of this recipe all throughout my childhood. It’s filled with delicious flavor and not to mention the puff pastry just melts in your mouth. It’s a perfect snack in the middle of the day and it’ll WOW your guests at a dinner party! I highly recommend trying this for yourself, you won’t be sorry!
- 1 package of ground turkey (about 1 lb)
- Olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 package of puff pastry (about 1/2 lb)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Salt, pepper, and dill to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Preheat a skillet on medium heat and add olive oil. Next, add the onion and pinch of salt and saute until onion turns a translucent color. Add ground turkey and cook thoroughly. Remove skillet from heat and let the turkey cool down to room temperature.
- Once the mixture is cool, add 1 egg, sour cream, flour, parsley and spices to taste and mix all together.
- Cut the puff pastry into 4 equal rectangular pieces. Spoon mixture onto on side of rectangle and flip the other side over. Use a fork to press down on the edges, pinching the puff pastry together. Repeat for the other three rectangles.
- Whisk the other egg in a small bowl and add 1 tablespoon of water. Brush egg wash over the puff pastries.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until browned.