So quick and easy to make, the possibilities are endless. This breakfast bowl is the result of being extremely hungry one morning. I wanted something quick and easy and in my tummy in under 10 minutes! Success! I will be making this breakfast bowl over and over and over again. It’s delicious and so fresh. Plus I get to use the basil and chives my husband and I are growing in our yard so that makes me extra happy! And if you love couscous as much as I do, be sure to check out my Couscous with Garlic Green Beans, Spinach Couscous Bites, and Tomato & Feta Spring Salad with Couscous recipes!
- 1/3 cup couscous
- 5 asparagus spears chopped
- 1 cipollini onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 egg whisked
- Sprinkle of chopped chives for garnish
- 2 basil leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook couscous according to package instructions.
- Place olive oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt and cook until translucent. Add asparagus and some more salt and pepper to taste. Bump up heat to medium. Cook for about 5 minutes or until asparagus becomes tender. Add in your whisked egg and mix with the asparagus and onion until cooked.
- Place cooked couscous in skillet and mix. Add in sun dried tomatoes.
- Plate and garnish with chives and basil leaves.