There’s always overripe bananas around the house so of course I’m always making banana bread. I switched a few ingredients to organic so I feel a little better about serving a slice to my sweet niece Anabella! I didn’t have all organic on hand so she’ll just have to forgive me. At least the dairy was organic.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed overripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl cream together the butter and sugar (I used a handheld mixer). Add your eggs and vanilla and mix by hand until incorporated. Add mashed banana and mix.
- Add the butter mixture to your flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour into loaf pan and spread out.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.